A new recipe we just love!!!
15 Bean Sweet Potato Vegetable Soup
- 1/2 Package dry 15 bean mix (for a bigger batch use the whole package)
Soak beans overnight, rinse and cook for 2 hrs or until soft and fully cooked. Strain and place back in the pot. Set aside.
- 2-3 carrots
- 2 tomatoes
- 3-4 in slice of purple cabbage
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 5-6 cups hot water
- cumin, cayenne, pepper, paprika (season to taste)
Combine all ingredient in Vitamix blender on high for 1 minute. This is your vegetable broth for the soup. Pour into pot with beans.
- 1-2 chopped zucchini
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 large pre-cooked and cubed sweet potato
- handful of cut cilantro
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jar spicy red salsa (I use the one from trader joes)
- season to taste with: 1 tsp apple cider vinegar, cayenne, garlic powder, pepper, cumin, paprika, crushed red pepper flakes
Add all these ingredients to the pot with the broth and beans. You made need to add 1-2 cups of water to make sure your soup ingredients are all covered. Bring to a boil and cook on low until soup is hot, or until veggies are cooked to your desired tenderness.
I also cooked a cup or so of quinoa in a rice cooker to add to the soup, it makes for a more hearty meal! This is my favorite soup I have made in awhile! Super yummy :)