Are you consistently tired or sluggish? Maybe you just cant seem to lose weight. Or maybe you just want to keep your body running optimally! If any of this applies to you then it’s probably time for a detox. But how do I detox my body you might ask? What is a detox? Why do I need it? Well in this short post I aim to show you how to detox the body and 5 benefits of detoxing.
Most common associations with detoxing are suffering long days without any food, all the while drinking some weird berry juice… The truth is however, that detoxing doesn’t have to be super painful. The rewards of abounding energy far outweigh the symptoms of cleansing.
What is detoxing?
Detoxing is a natural process the body goes through to cleanse the body of impurities and toxins. Since our culture today is filled with toxicity, gmos, cleaning chemicals, pesticides, regined sugar, hormone injected meat, etc… We need to help the body cleanse itself.
If you have any of these symptoms its time for a detox for sure!
- Unexplained fatigue
- Sluggish elimination
- Irritated skin
- Low-grade infections
- Puffy eye or bags under the eyes
- Menstrual problems
- Mental confusion
5 Benefits of detoxing
1. Gives your body a rest
- All of your bodies organs are working hard to keep everything functioning correctly. For most, its working overtime with all the excess sugar, alcohol, and processed foods. This overdrive type state your body is in is preventing it from healing!
- Give your body a break and allow your body to focus on healing and cleansing, not digesting.
2. More energy!
- Energy is everything in life! I love feeling energized and alive, not dead tired all the time…
- When detoxing your cutting out foods and chemicals that are making your body work hard to detox in the first place. When you cut out the refined sugars and processed foods you have more untapped energy and you don’t feel like a slug!
3. Rids the body of excess waste
- A detox will stimulate the body to purge itself. Since your body doesn’t get a break, it holds on to a lot of waste, especially in your colon.
- If your struggling with constipation then you def need a detox! It is said that one can store anywhere from 5-15 lbs of waste in their colon. When detoxing, your body will be able to fully release all this extra sewage. Talk about weight loss!
4. Weight Loss
- Short term- simply cutting out sugars and processed foods alone will jumpstart your weight loss tremendously. The unused sugar you eat turns directly into fat, so it only makes sense that you would lose weight much quicker. Plus, most detox plans, like ours, are all natural and simply incorporate an abundance of whole foods and super foods to flood your body with good nutrients which will help your body get rid of excess fat!
- Long term- The eating habits you learn during a detox will hopefully carry over to a lifestyle change. Its pretty easy to make a habit out of something that makes you feel so good!
- So much of our food is jam packed with refined sugars and unhealthy fats that reek havoc on our mental clarity. They give us a nice little high, only to leave us down in the dumps a few minutes later… Feeling tired and lethargic. Detoxing these kinds of chemicals will allow your mind to be free from the “fogginess” we so often feel.
If you are ready to get started on an all natural, whole foods, plant based detox program I have a FREE one you can start today.
It is a total spirit, soul, and body detox that will help you obtain all the benefits listed above. If your ready to make a change in your health then don’t waste time thinking about it, just do it!